Vancouver for Acumen Case Competition: Investing for Impact
CONGRATULATIONS to the winning teams of this year’s Case Challenge!
Undergrad winners (UBC):
MBA winners (SFU):
Registration for next year will be announced in September 2012.
Competition Details | what’s new this year
Workshops will be lead by Mark McCoy, past head coach of the UBC JDC West business case competition team (champions in 2010 and 2011). As a student Mark competed and placed first in national and international competitions and has coached numerous teams to top level placements.
After listening to your feedback last year, we’ve added 2 more workshops!
- Workshop 1: strategies for case analysis
- Workshop 2: implementation and presentation
- Workshop 3: financial modelling
- Workshop 4: investing for impact & business strategy in developing economies
The competition will be structured as a 24-hour take home (‘open’) case with final presentations made to a panel of judges made up of industry leaders in finance and social enterprise. Competition date is March 10th, 2012.
When & Where | the important stuff
Work Shops – $50/person
- Workshop 1: November 5, 2011 | 10am at UBC Buchanan A104
- Workshop 2: November 26, 2011 | 10am at UBC Buchanan A104
- Workshop 3: January 28, 2012 | 10am at UBC room TBD
- Workshop 4: February 18, 2012 | 10am at UBC room TBD
Competition – $25/person
March 10, 2011 | location Scarfe 100
Total cost per person is $75 and will be due October 24th
If you have any questions, we’d love to hear from you!
Contact the Vancouver for Acumen education team at email@example.com.
thank you to our generous sponsors: